PRAYER & CARE
ORO VALLEY CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE
“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.” 1 John 3:16
– Pray for the Building Project and all the workers on our campus every day!
– Pray for the Children’s Ministry in India
– Margo Lightfoot asks for continued prayer for her daughter Heather. She is going through a custody battle. Pray for God’s will, and strength and peace for Heather.
– Roseann Rich would like prayers for her children to open their hearts to Jesus.
– Claudine Boomgarden requests your prayers for her friend’s granddaughter, Emma, who is only 12. She has stage 3 thyroid cancer and is having surgery soon. Pray for Emma to get well.
– Pray for the neighbors of Genine Sullivan, the husband is currently in hospice and is facing a possible surgery.
– Please pray for all our members that are currently in the hospital.
– Joan Burnette’s son Clint needs prayer as he struggles with migraines.
– Pray for friends and family with cancer, like Tommy M. and Scott S.
– Mary-Esther Kauffman would like prayers for her sister-in-law’s niece. She just recently found out she has stage 4 colon cancer. She is 31 and has a 2 yr old. Pray for strength as she fights this battle!
– Sandy LeColst would like prayers for a friend who is going through a major battle with cancer and facing major surgery. She is also the caregiver for a daughter, granddaughter, and her husband. Pray for strength and courage for her.
– Shirley Schenewerk passed away this week. Please remember her family in your prayers.
– Betty Cain would like prayers for her nephew who has recently found out he has cancer. Pray for his salvation also.
– Victoria Beck would like prayers for her family, some are having health problems. Pray for their salvation as well.
– Jeni Martin lost her husband Don, March 31st. Don’s memorial is Thursday, April 12th at 1 pm on East Campus
– Miriam Christensen’s sister, Anne passed away early Sunday morning, April 8th. Please pray for their family!
CONTINUING IN PRAYER
– Ken Barr would like prayer for his wife, Donna. She has Alzheimer’s and it is taking its toll on both Ken and Donna.
– Debbie and Jerry Troy have been in remission for 2 yrs now. Continue to pray for their trust to build in the Lord as they face new battles now.
– Please continue to pray for Juanita Roy and her health.
– Jon and Melissa Cuneo’s niece is having problems with pain again. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors treating her.
– Tabitha Intschert would like continued prayers for healing. She has a pinched nerve causing pain but has been getting some relief.
– Barbie Patterson asks for continued prayers for her niece, who is 5. She has issues with lack of growth and has been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. She is on a more solid diet now and doing a little better on it. She is also starting a new medication that they hope will help her. Pray for her parents, as having a sick child is very stressful!
– Jean Hope is still having debilitating back pain from herniated discs but is in good spirits. Please pray for comfort and healing from this.
– Jerry and Janet Mawhirter thank everyone for prayers for their daughter. Continue to pray for her ministry in Australia.
– Sandy Le Colst requests prayer for her husband, Art. He is battling still battling cancer, but the clinical trial has helped him feel better. They are in a good place right now but would like continued prayer.
– Pray for family and friends who need to accept Christ as their Savior and Lord.
Pray for the number of people here at OVCN and their family members who are seeking employment. Pray that God would provide for their families and that they would find a measure of peace during this time.
PRAY FOR EACH MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH
– Pray for our pastoral staff. Ask God to bless and anoint each of them for service. Pray for their families, for their health and protection. Also, pray for the office staff and support staff. Pray that God will surround the church property with His angels.
– Pray for a moving of the Holy Spirit in each ministry of the church.
PRAY FOR AMERICA
We, as a congregation can pray for America. For help, log on to this website www.40daysofprayer.net.
“Thank you for the United States and its government. We pray for the president, the national and local government, the judges, the policemen, the business leaders and all those who are in leadership positions in this country. Please protect them from the evil that is in the world and keep them safe and free from all harm.”
“You have promised to bless any nation that follows after You. Help us to live quiet and peaceful lives so that we can continue to spread the Good News of the Gospel throughout our land. In Jesus’ name, amen.” Presidentialprayerteam.org
( For urgent prayer requests, phone the church office at 297-8297, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For other prayer requests, call 297-8297 or fill out a Connection Card and drop it in the offering plate to include them in the Prayer & Care.
PRAY FOR OUR CHURCH
We, as a congregation can pray for our church, OVCN. Pray for unity and for God’s will in our worship and decisions made for His kingdom.
DO YOU KNOW OF A SHUT-IN WHO NEEDS A VISIT?
We have Visitation Teams that do visitation each week. If you know someone in a nursing home, assisted living or homecare that would benefit from a visit, please call the church office at 297-8297.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer, call your American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 for free information and local programs and resourc
PRAY FOR OUR ARMED FORCES
– SPC Adam Barrio, serving in Texas.
– David Bell, serving in Afghanistan.
– Nathan Boyles, serving in USAF, San Antonio, TX
– PFC Tyson Brown, serving with the Army National Guard in Tucson, Arizona.
– SST Les Busser, serving in Korea.
– Diego Bustos, serving with the Army in South Carolina.
– Ryan Coulter, serving in Iraq.
– 1st Lt Will DeGraff, Marine “Cobra” copter training, CA
– Warren Denning, serving in the Air Force.
– SSG Deborah Denney, serving in Hawaii.
– Lt Col Mark Esslinger, serving in Hawaii.
– Kyle Feetham, serving with the U.S. Army Infantry in Hawaii.
– Justin Finley, serving in the Air Force.
– A1C Justin Glass, serving at Shaw AFB, South Carolina.
– 2nd Lt William DeGraff, serving in Pensacola, Florida.
– Deon Hawkins, serving in Iraq.
– Travis Hood, at Apache Pilot Training in Alabama.
– A1C Christopher T. Jones, II, serving in Cabot, AR.
– TSgt Karyn Kazimer, serving with the Air Force.
– David Kelly, serving in Arizona.
– SrA James Kipe, serving in the Armed Forces.
– LTC Dave MacKenzie, serving at Langley AF Base, VA.
– A1C Jordan A. Meek, serving in Afghanistan.
– William (Jeff) Mercer, serving in Washington, DC.
– E3 Michael Miller, serving with the Navy in Norfolk Virginia.
– Brent and Lena Nelson, serving with the Army National Guard in Tucson.
– Bjorn Olson, serving with the National Guard in Boise, ID.
– Erik Olson, serving with National Guard in Tucson.
– Jeremia Pulaski, serving with the Army in Iraq.
– Anthony &Thomas Rambaud, serving with the National Guard in Tucson.
– Henry Rodriques, USMC.
– Jason Rogers, serving with the Navy aboard the USS Truman.
– Sgt Benjamin Rose, serving at Ft. Bliss, Texas.
– Lt Cpl Ryan K Schobel, serving at Camp Pendleton, CA.
– Steven B. Smith, serving the US Navy in Tucson.
– Pvt Tamiera Smith, serving with the Army in Tacoma, WA.
– Captain Jason Stumpf, serving with the Army in Romania
– Andrew Suarey, serving with the Marines.
– David Tavares Jr, serving in Afghanistan.
– Nathan Thatcher, serving with the Navy in Japan.
– Tom Thatcher, serving in Afghanistan.
– Davina Theiss, serving with the Army in Washington D.C.
– Michael Theiss, serving with the Army in Washington D.C.
– Caleb Timler, serving with the National Guard in Tucson.
– 1st Lt Stephan Timler, serving with the Marines in CA
– David and Sarah Wagstaff, serving with the Air Force.
– Joe Weaver, serving his fifth deployment with Army in Afghanistan.
– Col Tip Wight, serving at the Pentagon.
– Captain Aaron Blair Wilcox, serving in El Paso, TX.