PRAYER & CARE
ORO VALLEY CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE
April 23, 2017
“Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” Psalm 119:105
– Roseann Rich would like prayers for her children to open their hearts to Jesus.
– Dianna Franke would like your prayers as she contemplates new options in her career. Pray for God’s guidance.
– Shannon would like prayers for her marriage. Pray that God gives her guidance for the future.
– Morgan Stambaugh would like prayers for God’s guidance for her boyfriend; he is going to be making an important decision soon.
– Margo Lightfoot would like you to pray for her daughter as she goes through a divorce. They have an 11 month old son.
– Ken Barr asks for prayers of strength and acceptance as he had to move his wife of 67 years to a memory care facility recently.
– Wanda Ford’s niece recently had a transplant and has been having severe complications. Pray for her body to be receptive to the new organ.
– Valerie Ritz would like prayers for her brother who just found a mass in his body. Pray for peace as he goes through this and God’s comfort and healing.
– Juanita Roy is eating better but still needs your prayer.
– Pray for Frank, who is battling cancer and Conrad and his family as he prepares for his return to the Lord.
– Lori Gardner would like prayers for her brother, who is an unbeliever, and has recently been diagnosed with a multitude of major illnesses as well as for her as she takes care of him after his surgery.
– Genine Sullivan would like prayers for her friend who was hospitalized with lymphoma; she has a husband and children who would love your prayers as well.
– Noomie Velen would like you to pray for her friend. He just learned he has cancer and has had surgery to try to remove it.
– Ala Mae Krause (Raimey) passed away on Monday. Our thoughts and prayers are with Joan Burnette, her sister, and the rest of her family. There will be a memorial service on Monday, April 24 at 10:30 am in the sanctuary with a reception following in Hayslip.
CONTINUING IN PRAYER
– John Dohogne would like prayers for his friend who has been in the hospital and not doing well. Pray also for this man’s wife and family, give them strength and hope.
– Jon and Melissa Cuneo’s niece has her diabetes under control now, but is in constant pain still and doctors are unsure what to do. Pray for the doctors to figure out what’s going on. Pray for her parents as well as it is very difficult to deal with a sick child.
– David Hisey would like your continued prayer for his friend with cancer. Her surgery was successful and will now begin chemo.
– Tabitha Intschert would like prayers for healing. She has a pinched nerve causing pain.
– Barbie Patterson asks for prayers for her niece, who is 5. She has issues with lack of growth and has been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. She has not been doing well on an 80% liquid diet. Pray she receives enough nutrition and she goes into remission. Pray for her parents, as having a sick child is very stressful!
– Jean Hope is having debilitating back pain from herniated discs. Please pray for comfort and healing from this.
– Joan Burnett requests prayer for her family. Her sister is in treatment for cancer and is having a terrible time. She is very sick and in constant pain.
– Jerry and Janet Mawhirter thank everyone for prayers for their daughter. Continue to pray for her ministry in Australia.
– Sandy Le Colst requests prayer for her husband. He is battling metastasizing cancer and is on a clinical trial. Please pray for successful results and comfort during this time.
– Pray for family and friends who need to accept Christ as their Savior and Lord.
Pray for the number of people here at OVCN and their family members who are seeking employment. Pray that God would provide for their families and that they would find a measure of peace during this time.
PRAY FOR EACH MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH
– Pray for our pastoral staff. Ask God to bless and anoint each of them for service. Pray for their families, for their health and protection. Also, pray for the office staff and support staff. Pray that God will surround the church property with His angels.
– Pray for a moving of the Holy Spirit in each ministry of the church.
PRAY FOR AMERICA
We, as a congregation can pray for America. For help, log on to this website www.40daysofprayer.net.
“Thank you for the United States and its government. We pray for the president, the national and local government, the judges, the policemen, the business leaders and all those who are in leadership positions in this country. Please protect them from the evil that is in the world and keep them safe and free from all harm.”
“You have promised to bless any nation that follows after You. Help us to live quiet and peaceful lives so that we can continue to spread the Good News of the Gospel throughout our land. In Jesus’ name, amen.” Presidentialprayerteam.org
( For urgent prayer requests, phone the church office at 297-8297, or email email@example.com. For other prayer requests, call 297-8297 or fill out a Connection Card and drop it in the offering plate to include them in the Prayer & Care.
PRAY FOR OUR CHURCH
We, as a congregation can pray for our church, OVCN. Pray for unity and for God’s will in our worship and decisions made for His kingdom.
DO YOU KNOW OF A SHUT-IN WHO NEEDS A VISIT?
We have Visitation Teams that do visitation each week. If you know someone in a nursing home, assisted living or homecare that would benefit from a visit, please call the church office at 297-8297.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer, call your American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 for free information and local programs and resources.
PRAY FOR OUR ARMED FORCES
– SPC Adam Barrio, serving in Texas.
– David Bell, serving in Afghanistan.
– MASA Hannah Benge, serving with the Navy in Japan.
– Nathan Boyles, serving in USAF, San Antonio, TX
– PFC Tyson Brown, serving with the Army National Guard in Tucson, Arizona.
– SST Les Busser, serving in Korea.
– Ryan Coulter, serving in Iraq.
– 1st Lt Will DeGraff, Marine “Cobra” copter training, CA
– Warren Denning, serving in the Air Force.
– SSG Deborah Denney, serving in Hawaii.
– Lt Col Mark Esslinger, serving in Hawaii.
– Kyle Feetham, serving with the U.S. Army Infantry in Hawaii.
– Justin Finley, serving in the Air Force.
– Kris Flowers, basic training.
– A1C Justin Glass, serving at Shaw AFB, South Carolina.
– 2nd Lt William DeGraff, serving in Pensacola, Florida.
– Deon Hawkins, serving in Iraq.
– Travis Hood, at Apache Pilot Training in Alabama.
– A1C Christopher T. Jones, II, serving in Cabot, AR.
– TSgt Karyn Kazimer, serving with the Air Force.
– David Kelly, serving in Arizona.
– SrA James Kipe, serving in the Armed Forces.
– LTC Dave MacKenzie, serving at Langley AF Base, VA.
– A1C Jordan A. Meek, serving in Afghanistan.
– TSgt Andrew Mercer, serving in Wichita, Kansas.
– William (Jeff) Mercer, serving in Georgia.
– E3 Michael Miller, serving with the Navy in Norfolk Virginia.
– Brent and Lena Nelson, serving with the Army National Guard in Tucson.
– Bjorn Olson, serving with the National Guard in Boise, ID.
– Erik Olson, serving with National Guard in Tucson.
– Jeremia Pulaski, serving with the Army in Iraq.
– Anthony &Thomas Rambaud, serving with the National Guard in Tucson.
– Henry Rodriques, USMC.
– Jason Rogers, serving with the Navy aboard the USS Truman.
– Sgt Benjamin Rose, serving at Ft. Bliss, Texas.
– Lt Cpl Ryan K Schobel, serving at Camp Pendleton, CA.
– Steven B. Smith, serving the US Navy in Tucson.
– Pvt Tamiera Smith, serving with the Army in Tacoma, WA.
– Captain Jason Stumpf, serving with the Army in Romania
– Andrew Suarey, serving with the Marines.
– David Tavares Jr, serving in Afghanistan.
– Nathan Thatcher, serving with the Navy in Japan.
– Tom Thatcher, serving in Afghanistan.
– Davina Theiss, serving with the Army in Washington D.C.
– Michael Theiss, serving with the Army in Washington D.C.
– CPL Stephan Timler, serving with the Marines.
– David and Sarah Wagstaff, serving with the Air Force.
– Joe Weaver, serving his fifth deployment with Army in Afghanistan.
– Col Tip Wight, serving at the Pentagon.
– Captain Aaron Blair Wilcox, serving in El Paso, TX.