Want to make a difference in the lives of little girls all over the world?
Come and be a part of our Sew-A-Thon.
- Participants need to bring their own sewing machine, cords, and other personal sewing supplies like extra sewing machine needles, pins, measuring tape, scissors, seam ripper and any other items you sew with regularly.
- All fabrics and supplies for the dresses will be provided.
- Dresses will be sewn in an assembly line format. Members of the OVCN Dress a Girl Ministry will team up with community volunteers and work along side of each other.
- You will not need to bring food as we will provide refreshments for our volunteers which will be available just outside the sanctuary. No food will be allowed in the sanctuary in order to protect the fabric and carpet.
- We will have helpers available to carry your sewing machine to and from the sanctuary if necessary.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your time to check-in.
Please register by October 26th, 2018
You will receive an email confirming your time and task preferences after October 26th.
Dress a Girl is a national organization with members around the world sewing dresses for little girls living in poverty. Many of these little girls are wearing rags, many are orphans, and many are living in very unsafe environments. We believe that by having a dress with the Dress a Girl label on the front, these little girls are marked as loved and protected! When the girls receive their beautiful new dresses, they are told they are receiving it in the Name of Jesus! Imagine how different these little girls feel about receiving the message that Jesus loves them immeasurably!
All the dresses made during the Sew-A-Thon will be taken on an OVCN Mission Trip in 2019.